So as you know by now, I set myself some goals last year and I think it would be fun to do it again this year. Last year I set personal goals as well, and those still stand, I don’t feel the need to add new ones, but I do have some new fibery goals.
In 2012, I will:
– Spinning –
- Participate in the Tour de Fleece in July
- Spin a truly woolen-spun yarn
- Spin a useable sock yarn
- Spin a 2-ply laceweight of at least 800 yds from 100g of fluff
- Spin at least 3lbs of fluff
- Tailspin some locks
- Spin hand carded fleece
– Knitting –
- Knit 12 pairs of socks during the year – I have all the yarn in my stash
- Finish one large shawl/stole, more than 1000yds of laceweight
- Design a pattern that is appropriate for submission to an online knitting magazine
- Participate in at least one Knitalong
- Knit more than 10 miles of yarn
– Crochet –
- Start a sock-yarn Babette Blanket from my scraps
- Crochet a shaped item (mittens, hats, shrug, etc)
– Fiber/Yarn –
- Take undyed fluff and turn it into a finished object, which will included dyeing, spinning and knitting.
- Process some raw fleece, preferably from a local producer.
- Knit down my stash
So, that is what I think I want my 2012 to look like fiberwise, although if 2012 is as exciting as both 2010 and 2011, who knows what my life will be like on December 30th (on goal check in day).
Enjoy the new year, I’m off to work on my TFA Knitalong knitting that started today, I will tell you all about it tomorrow.